Wednesday, March 09, 2005

lost info on home page

Ok So I finally post to update things here with pictures and everything and as I looked at the blog to check the pictures I realized where in the world are my profile. links etc.? Goodness. It's hard to be old in this technological age. Where are my children when I need them? lol. Oh yeah. At work, school and the homeschooler is still asleep lucky guy.

He has been having a great time with a new passion lately. Roman gladiators! I don't have any idea where this came from but hey he has gone through the four books I brought home from the library, been reading the sites I found online and bookmarked for him, has talked his dad into helping him build a coliseum after he drew up his own architectural plans for one, and has been "playing" gladiator since I made him a shield out of a cardboard box top and he made his own lance. He is waiting for the milk jug to be empty so we can begin to work on a helmet. All this has been on "his own time" after we have done our "formal studies". I have learned more than I thought I wanted to about gladiators lately. Did you know there are various different types? I didn't but do now!

He has also found a new series that he is really enjoying. He stumbled upon them last week when we were at the library. The series is called Kid Caramel Private Investigator by Dwayne J. Ferguson. He has read the first 3 books in the series and has asked to look at the bookstore for the 4th since they don't have it at the library. He even had a friend who was over visiting this weekend playing detective outside with him. This is something he has been into since he began reading the Hardy Boy mysteries and now can carry on through this new series. I love it when their interests and passions spill over into their "imaginary play" and even more glad that he hasn't lost this as he has gotten older. It is important "to pretend" no matter what your age.

We are having a great time following the 33 rd Iditarod Dog Sled Race. We have been doing this for years! He has once again picked Dee Dee Jonrowe as his musher to follow. She is a favorite of both of us and we are hoping this is the year she will win. Go Dee Dee!!! You can follow along too at this website: http://www.iditarod.com I always add in math, language arts, science etc topics in our formal study time that go along with the race.

Well I best get together some things we are working on today.

(Checking the blog after I posted this it looks like my links and such are found. Boy am I smart or what? Fixed it and didn't even realize it lol)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I finally made my way here. You guys do a lot of really great stuff.

I loved the "Jacob Lawrence" paintings your son did, espceially on the coffee can lid. We recently found a copy of the Great Migration at a used book store.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home