Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wind Walk

The other week Josh and I took a "wind walk". That morning was a typical windy March day in the desert and I got the idea for a freewrite based on a "wind walk". The idea came to me because of the "color walk" that Julie suggests on her Bravewriter Lifestyle blog and egroup. I told Josh that as we walked I wanted us to become aware of the wind and when we went home we would describe the wind on our walk using our senses for our freewrite. Here are the freewrites than we did as a result:

Josh

sight - the branches swaying in the wind

hear - the wind going through the trees

smell - flower pollen being picked up in the wind

touch - trying to hold the pages of my book in my hand

taste - the wind blowing into my mouth making it hard to breathe

If the wind were a color what would it be? Gray


Barb

sight - blowing branches, bending trunks, leaves racing down the street, bird struggling to fly

hear - whoosh, whhhhhoooo, shhhhhhh, tttttttt, banging sign

smell - sharp, clean, fresh

touch - cold, strong, stinging

taste - frosty, fresh, take breath away

If the wind were a color what would it be? Blue


We have had a great time with Julie's freewrites. Be sure to check out her site from the links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home