Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Josh the artist

Since we studied the painter Jacob Lawrence for Black History month in February Josh has been on a painting frenzy. He even ask for new paints in his easter basket because he was running out. I put up an art gallery on a wall in our hall that I titled The Gallery with the Wright Art. He laughed and told me I was funny for using our name that way on the blog and now the art gallery wall. I have "hung" some of his paintings there and need to put up a few more. I'll take pictures and post one. Last night he came to me as I was posting on the blog all excited about a GREAT idea. He wants to take half of his closet and make it his art studio. He went through our bookshelves and grabbed any art book he could find and ask if he could put them in his studio. He wants to "hang" paintings, his and other famous artists, on the walls. He was lamenting the fact though that he is short of something to paint on. His dad told him we had plenty of paper and Josh responded that his material of choice is cardboard which we are in short supply of unfortunately. I had to laugh and thought Jacob Lawrence would be proud.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! My husband actually has a BFA in painting. Even though he is in dental school he still paints quite a bit and actually manages to have a show once in a while.

12:15 PM  
Blogger barbara said...

Julee,

That is so cool about your husband. Wow a man of many talents! We would love to see some pictures of his work. Josh feels important now he said because he knows of someone who actually has art shows of their own paintings. More than once Josh has wondered if his "creations" would bring any monetary compensation from ebay lol.I also found your homeschooling blog and would like to link to it from mine if that is ok. I remember when we first began our journey. :) Just let me know. Thanks so much for reading and responding here.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home