Thursday, April 21, 2005

speaking of learning any time of the day or week

as I said in an earlier post. Last night as I was laying in my bed working on my idea for a children's story book Josh came in and plopped on the bed.

"What ya doin'?"
"Working on my story idea."
Silent pause.
"Maybe I should write a book."
"That sounds like a great idea."
Silence again as he runs in to get his new journal which is blank with possibilities.
Plop back on the bed.
"I'm going to write a kid's detective book!"
Silence once again as he fills page after page of ideas including a title, the characters' names and personalities, the setting and the plot. He then began the book with his first paragraph of dialogue.

And so mom and son, writers yet undiscovered, toil away in lands of their own making.
Note: English class this day took place at 8 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home