Thursday, August 25, 2005

we are legal and official in the state of Nevada

as of yesterday for once again another year on this journey. :)

Steve went down to the office and filed Josh's paperwork for me yesterday. Said it was the only thing that went easily for him the whole day poor guy. I was glad to hear there were no problems since we now have a new and very easy to use one page form for our notification. If you are into your second year of homeschooling here in Nevada all that is required is name, address, phone and age of child along with the signature of a parent stating they take full responsibilty for their child's education. THAT'S it! No educational goals, curriculum etc. WOW! Couldn't get an easier especially since we do not have any type of end of the year assessment, testing etc either. Living in Las Vegas seems not so bad when I look at it from strictly a homeschooling point of view. lol

Josh and I will begin "officially" on Monday when his big sisters go back to high school and college. He would be in the 6th grade this year if in the "system". Middle school. Goodness I'm getting old - wait - I mean he's sure growing up fast. :) When my children were in school in Ohio they attended Catholic schools so to use the term middle school always seems a little foreign to me. No matter what you call it though he is growing up and I feel so lucky to be a part of ALL of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home