Monday, November 21, 2005

being a mom, being somebody's hero

This morning as I drove one of my daughters to school, I heard Jamie O'Neal's song, Somebody's Hero, and I had to smile. Each of my 4 children make me feel like a hero, at least once a day, just for being their mom. My mom was and still is my hero even though she is now in heaven with her mother who was her hero. I came home to my youngest, who is 11 now, after hearing this song and who is the child who has been homeschooled all his life and felt blessed especially for that. He is the one who often gives me a kiss on the cheek while saying, "You're the best, Mom" to which I always have to reply back to him with a smile, "I know". It's our secret handshake if you will.

Here's a link to the song if you haven't heard it yet. If you're like me better have the tissues handy :)

http://www.singeruniverse.com/oneal.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Yea, I like that song, too. My youngest son, Superboy is also my "sweetheart" and it just kills me to think that it won't be long before he'll be grown and gone and I'll miss those sweet kisses on my cheek. There is always a special place in a mother's heart for her baby boy.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home