Thursday, March 23, 2006

Signs of Spring

Yesterday Josh and I were out on our back patio and he suddenly exclaimed, "Look mom. The second sign of spring!" I looked down to where he was pointing on the ground and let out a big sigh. There they were running to and fro.... ANTS. Now we await their annual invasion inside the house, in the pantry and bathrooms.

I will remind myself, in the event that I start to feel sorry for myself, about the ladybug invasion happening over at Theresa's place.

And just in case your curiousity was aroused.... the first sign of spring was last week when we looked out and noticed Arnold, our Anna's hummingbird, having to fight off three bees from HIS feeder, poor guy.

Don't know why these signs caught me by surprise as here in Las Vegas we really haven't had any winter to speak of this year. Guess we got spoiled by the snow once each year in the last two years. I'm still hoping though and adding more and more snowflakes (of the paper and craft variety) to our front window display in the hopes of enticing at least one winter snow fall. I think I may have to settle for the brief, and I do mean brief - after all it only lasted for about 2 minutes, of snow and sleet we had about a month ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home