Thursday, March 23, 2006

Persuasive enough?

Since the Narnia movie came out in December, Joshua has LIVED in this world. He read ALL the books, a few of them twice. He has read about C.S.Lewis. He has seen the movie FOUR times lol and begs to see it again. We have had MANY discussions on the symbolism in the movie and book and also the differences between the two mediums. He has asked to see it one last time, again lol, before it leaves the theatre and before it comes out in DVD, April 4.

So.... this morning for his writing process piece I ask him to write a persuasive paragraph. The topic.... you guessed it.

If you can be persuasive enough then we will go see the movie one last time at the theatre tonight. Why should I take you to see Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe again when you have already seen it four times before?

This is his response:

I believe that you should take me to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tonight because it is simply a great movie that makes you feel on a number of levels, spiritually and emotionally. The movie is a fantastic film. It doesn't feel as if you're in a theatre. It feels like you are fighting alongside High King Peter for Narnia, Aslan, and all that is good in the world. The movie is more like a journey than a film. It makes you feel like you were one of the Pevensies stumbling out of the wardrobe and landing in a magical world and being that world's only hope. And I also believe that you will enjoy it immensely.What was it you said to me after the last time we saw it? Hmmm let me think... Oh yeah! "That movie is so good I could just watch it over and over again and not get tired of it." Once again I believe you should take me to the movie tonight because it is an amazing movie and you will enjoy it yourself.

So what do you think? Persuasive enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home