Thursday, December 08, 2005

finding new resources reason to squeal

In November on Theresa's Lapazfarm Home Learning blog she shared about a great resource the Clickschooling yahoo group. Scroll down to her Thursday, November 10th post titled, A Truly Useful Resource. This group sends out an email with resources for a different subject each day. For FREE! It has been such a wonderful addition to our studies.

Well today, when I checked my email from them and clicked on the link for their history resource of the day, I think I actually squealed in delight. They recommended The Learning Calendar site. What a gem of a find! This site offers for FREE a monthly newsletter that lists events and people and a little blurb about them for each day of that month AND activities to go along! They have a What Happened Today? history section. Click on any day of any month and find out an interesting tidbit. WOW! I have been doing this very thing in making our Monthly Birthday Wall having to hunt ALL over for my resources. THIS site will be such a help with this now. They also have a calendar that you can purchase which has even more ideas. I will be trying this for sure.

Thanks again to Theresa. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I thought of you as soon as I saw this! This should really help out on the birthday wall! I have signed up for the e-newsletter and also ordered the wall calendar, as it looks like a fantastic resource. I LOVE that we get a clickschoolers discount, too!Things are really falling into place for us lately!
First our wonderful living math, then Bravewriter for lang arts, now this for history!Life is good!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home